•  | 
  • DE
  •  | 
  • IT

KigaPortal

Lesson Ideas for Kindergarten and Pre-K

Idea Forum
Discussions for parents and teachers of kindergartners

Anyone can browse the forum without a subscription.

Non-subscribers can sign up here and then log in to comment on the forum.

Search

Page: 1 Respond
Author Topic: 

Valentine's Day

• Heather
    11 Topics

Valentine's Day Link to this post

Hi, I'm a kindergarten teacher from CA and looking for materials for V-Day that include ALL the children and not just their friends. Anyone recommend something that's worked?

• Anonymous user
    33 Topics

Re: Valentine's Day Link to this post

In my school we have a rule that every child has to give a Valentine to every other child, so nobody is left out. Last year we had no tears - we'll see how this year goes!

• S P
    16 Topics

yea i always have problems w/ kids crying when they dont get as many valentines as the others do. this sounds like a better idea than handing out valentines. will try it out thx

• Editor
    30 Topics

Hi Heather,
    We recommend the Tulip Counting Game as a fun activity without obvious roses. No feelings will be hurt with this math game!
    We'd love to hear other ideas of inclusive games and activities other than giving out valentines. What has worked for you in the past?
    Look out for more new Valentine's Day crafts and games coming next week!
    Your KiGaPortal Team

• Anonymous user
    1 Topics

I just used the Cupid poem in class and it was great! The children loved the game!
    -Tina

Go to Top Respond

Please make every effort to ensure a fair and friendly discussion.
The editor reserves the right to remove irrelevant, unlawful or morally questionable posts.

Note: KiGaPortal assumes no liability for the content of linked web pages in the Forum.